Women Have The Right Women have the right to define the world from our perspective. Women have the right to self-expression. Women have the right to trust our instincts and be guided by our convictions. Women have the right to know the truth about our contributions to society. Women have the right to express ourselves spiritually in whatever way we please. Women have the right to be spiritual leaders. Women have the right to have gender eliminated as a measure of worth and power. Women have the right to be free from sexual exploitation for economic gain. Women have the right to equal pay and status. Women have the right to support for the children of our mates. Women have the right to be well and to have access to whatever we need to be well. Women have the right to make mistakes. Women have the right to be safe in the world; and when our safety is violated, to expect justice; and when we don't receive justice, to demand it. ~ Appalachian Women's Alliance, 1993 P.O. BOX 688 * FLOYD, VIRGINIA 24091 * (276) 835-1211 * AWA@swva.net The Appalachian Women's Alliance is building an educated and informed constituency of women and girls from Appalachian communities who have the skills, confidence, and political analysis necessary to challenge the prevailing patriarchy under which we all suffer and participate fully in the institutions, from the family to the government, that affect our lives. Here are Some Ways to Become Involved in our Work
1. Send a donation to support our work! Make checks payable to the Appalachian Women's Alliance P.O. Box 688 Floyd, Virginia 24091 Contributions are tax deductible.
2. Help bring Mountain Women Rising to a university or institution in your area. Contact us for more information.
3. Buy a Journal for yourself or for someone you know. Send $10 made payable to the Appalachian Women's Alliance to the address above.
4. Visit our Clinchco Center. Bring a group. Become a volunteer intern. Contact us for more information.
5. Get involved in your community. Attend School Board meetings. Run for Town Council. VOTE !!!
6. Pass this information along to other folks who might be interested.
copyright Appalachian Women's Alliance 2007 If you want to re-print our materials, just ask. We are happy to share.